Birth Doula Services
We come together as a team:
By getting to know each other before your "birth day"
we have time to look at your options and find the best way to support your birth.
You will have someone with you who knows how you, and your partner, "tick".
We consider a range of physical and emotional
techniques that you may want to use in labour including:
Visualising & grounding
Massage & counter-pressure
Movement and positions
Use of basic essential oils
Affirmations and hypno-birthing techniques
We examine current, accurate and evidence based research and information to put together your birth preferences and communicate these to your medical care team.
If needed we can look at techniques to help you evaluate the information you are given by your medical care givers so you can make informed decisions and ask the right questions.
We look at what your expectations are of life in those first few days and weeks with a new baby and can put together a plan of your fourth trimester preferences (sleep, feeding, family input etc) and what may help you most during that time.
If needed we look at other ways to support you in your pregnancy, birth and beyond including what local facilities are available.
After an initial chat we may arrange a free, no obligation meeting or a video call.
If you then go on to book me as your birth doula
I offer a simple, standard package priced at just £1,085 (plus travel expenses)
- 2 x 2hr birth preparation visits.
- Unlimited email and phone support and regular Whatsapp or telephone catch-up from the time of booking until your baby is 6 weeks old.
- Access to my library of books and other resources as well as to current, evidence based information.
- Liaising with your medical care-givers (if required).
- 14 day (24/7) on call period which can be extended.
- Labour and birth attendance.
- Practical support in the immediate postpartum period.
- 1 x 2hr postnatal visit to debrief your birth, admire your new family and see how you are feeling.
***New For 2020***
Streamline Package just £695 + travel expenses
- 1 x 2hr birth preparation visit.
- Ongoing support and access to information from the time of booking until your baby 7 days old.
- 1 x 2hr post-birth visit.
This package does not include an ON CALL PERIOD which means there is NO GUARANTEE that I will be available to attend your labour and birth.
When you go into labour I will come if I am available.
If I am unable to attend I will refund £395
NB: This package won't suit everyone so please think carefully about what you need to feel comfortable and supported at your birth.